Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr. Would Not Have Tolerated The Abuses Of The Bush Administration. Act Now!


Martin Luther King Jr. Would Not Have Tolerated The Abuses Of The Bush Administration. Act Now!

Blog Awards Winner


 "The action I am taking is no more than a radical measure to hasten the explosion of truth and justice. I have but one passion: to enlighten those who have been kept in the dark, in the name of humanity which has suffered so much and is entitled to happiness. My fiery protest is simply the cry of my very soul. Let them dare, then, to bring me before a court of law and let the enquiry take place in broad daylight!"

- Emile Zola, J'accuse! (1898) –

 

Nancy Pelosi Has Opened The Door,  Put Impeachment On The Table…So Let’s Walk In Sit Down And Contact The Speaker And Chairman Conyers Today!

 

You Can Find All The Contact Tools You Need Here.

Congress Switchboard 24/7 (202) 225-3121.

Place A Call To House Judiciary Chairman John Conyers: 202-225-5126

 

 Obama Supporters In DC Want Bush Arrested

ARREST BUSH 

ACTION ALERT: Boot Bush, Sage Cleansing Monday, Arrest Bush at FBI ...
OpEdNews - Newtown,PA,USA
Bush and Cheney can, and should be impeached even after they have left office, and they must be held accountable for their war crimes, torture, spying, ...

 

Redheaded Wisdom: Countdown: One Day until Inauguration
By DK Raed 
For his 2004 inaugural, angry protestors cried, "Warmonger" and "Impeach Bush" as they scuffled with 13000 police and soldiers. These scenes were carefully edited from our network news coverage. But to finish her list, since it is now ...
Redheaded Wisdom - http://redheadedwisdom.blogspot.com/

 

The People vs. George Bush. | The National Gadfly
... can be impeached and remain in office and hired Blackwater. I’m more irritated with Bill Clinton than the others on this list, because I know that he knows better and can do better. George W Bush (or should I say Dick Cheney? ...
The National Gadfly - http://thenationalgadfly.com/


Speaker Pelosi Proclaims Possible Impeachment
OpEdNews - Newtown,PA,USA

Today, on Fox News,
 Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, the only person who could, the woman who for so long would not, stated, she is Open to the ...
See all stories on this topic

 

Pelosi Open to Prosecution of Bush Administration Officials ...
Jan 18, 2009 ... House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is receptive to the idea of prosecuting some Bush administration officials, while letting others who are accused ...


Jump In And Have Your Say Here

Impeachment investigation ahead for Bush and Cheney?
by Martha R Gore | Examiner.com It came as no surprise that House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers began talking about impeachement hearing against President George W. 
Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney on January 14, 2009.
RINF Alternative News Media:... - http://rinf.com/alt-news/

 

 

 

 

 

 

Last night, the Israeli government halted military operations in Gaza. Hours later, Hamas announced it too would stop rocket fire and other actions for one week.

We welcome an end to the violence and hope these steps mark a first step toward a lasting and sustainable ceasefire and peace for both the south of Israel and Gaza.

We released a statement to the media welcoming the Israeli decision, which you can read at the bottom of this email or on our Word on the Street blog here.

Of course, we cannot help but feel anxious about what comes next. Questions outnumber answers: Will this fragile ceasefire hold? What will happen in one week?  Will Israeli forces withdraw?  Will the crossings open?  Will Hamas' rockets aimed at Israel actually stop? Will the human suffering end?

And, perhaps most important, will the incoming Administration seize this latest crisis as an opportunity to re-engage vigorously in promoting a two state solution?

We'll be monitoring developments in the region closely in the coming days. We will also be on the lookout for ways that you can help advocate effectively to strengthen the ceasefire and encourage the incoming Administration to resolve the deeper Israeli-Palestinian conflict at the root of the latest round of violence.

During the last three weeks, J Street and its allies have advocated forcefully in Congress and the media for a lasting ceasefire.

Thank you for standing with us during the past three weeks of this crisis. I hope you'll consider making a gift to support J Street's work in the coming year. Click here to make a gift.

Sincerely,
Jeremy

Jeremy Ben-Ami
Executive Director
J Street
January 18, 2009

 

Press in Combat by Stephanie Gutmann on National Review Online
By 
webmaster@nationalreview.com 
This paranoia is fed by the myth promulgated by the 
MoveOn.org crowd that Israel works like a well-oiled police state. In fact, a balagan is likely to crop up when one part of the government (in this case, the supreme court) is pulling ...
National Review Online - http://www.nationalreview.com/

 

This Is A Creativity Keeper…Enjoy!

 

MEMORIES OF BUSH

 

As some of you know, one of the reasons I started writing things on my own blog was so I could post song parodies. It was one of the best ways I knew to express myself about the things that bothered me. I had hoped, too, that I could at least bring a smile to your faces when you read them. If I’ve done that much, I will die extremely poor financially, but wealthy beyond my dreams emotionally, and that’s the better bargain for me. Thank you to all who have encouraged me to keep writing them.

 

So, as we say goodbye to our 43rd, and Still Current, President George Walker Bush, Jr., I would like to re-cap all the parodies I’ve written about Bush or his cohorts in crime. Many of the earlier ones appeared only on my original Blogspot blog, so some of them may be new to some of you. The rest I posted at my WordPress blog, and some of them have been posted here at TheZoo before. In any case, I will try to proceed chronologically, in the order I first published them. If I re-posted any on WordPress, I’ll provide a link there (I can track those  ). It seems to be the only form of “logical” analysis of the Bush Administration that makes sense.

 

Let’s see, back in Oct 2006, when word was getting out that we were really doing a number on the detainees at Guantanamo Bay, I wrote The Detainee’s Lament”, to the tune of The Lovin’ Spoonful’s “You Didn’t Have To Be So Nice”. When the Military Commissions Act was signed, I wrote a parody to an old 1934 standard (rare, since most of them are to rock songs). I called it Writless Wonderland, and it’s to the tune of the classic “Winter Wonderland”. Then I tried to write, not so much a parody, but a poem in the style of another while trying to capture its feel, yet tell my own story. That’s when I came up with The Craving, a poem done in the style of Poe’s “The Raven”. BTW, this was written right around the time they were first talking about a temporary increase in the number of soldiers in Iraq. So that’s what the references to that are about. That was 2006.

 

What was being touted as a “Surge” sure looked to me like an Escalation to me, so I used The Beatles’ “Revolution” to talk about that one. I then tried to imagine what Bush would be thinking as he awaited trial in The Hague. I wrote Once In My Lifetime to, of course, the Talking Heads’ “Once In A Lifetime”. As they quibbled over when The Surge would start, I wrote Go Ask Congress, to Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit”. I started thinking about how much George Bush appeared to love war, so I wrote Wonderful World (Don’t Know Why), to Sam Cooke’s “Wonderful World (Don’t Know Much)”. I also thought that Bush’s co-conspirator, Dick Cheney, was trying to get away with all kinds of things, so i called him out for the first time (directly) in Cheney, a aprody of Pink Floyd’s “Money”. It would not be the last time he would be a target of a song parody mainly pointed at him.

 

I started to get really strange when I not only stepped away from using rock songs, but I decided to write a story about a love affair between Bush and Rice (to match the rumors we were all hearing in the news on the blogs), and I used an old country and western song that I heard many times in my youth, and always enjoyed. It’s one of the few C-and-W songs I actually like. It’s Marty Robbins’ “El paso”, and the song I wrote was called Casa Blanco. A few days after I posted that one, I managed to finish, and post for the first time, Georgie (A Rock Opera Parody). Then I decided that Dick Cheney still scared me too much to ignore, so I wrote Story of His Lies, to the tune of The Moody Blues’ “Story In Your Eyes”. That’s what I did about it in 2007.

 

The next year, after Rep Dennis Kucinich introduced a motion to impeach Cheney, I tried getting through to my Congressman directly, by writing a parody of one of his songs. My Congressman is John Hall, founding member of the group Orleans, and I used his song “Dance With Me”. The song is called Stand With Me. He did not respond to it. And, as if it would surprise anyone, I wrote another song about the need to impeach Bush and Cheney, called That’s The Way We’ve Always Heard It Should Be, to Carly Simon’s “That’s The Way I’ve Always Heard It Should Be”. Didn’t seem to work. As it became clear the calls for impeachment would go unheeded, I grew angrier at Bush, and what he was doing to destroy this country. I wrote Ruining America to Supertramp’s “Breakfast In America”. And when Cheney responded to be told that two-thirds of Americans did not think the Iraq War was worth it, and he answered “So?”, it inspired me to write So Man, to Sam and Dave’s “Soul Man”. I then took another stab at trying to help get them impeached with Justice Calling, to The Clash’s “London Calling”.

 

When it started to seem like they really, really, really wanted to start a war with Iran, I wrote Intel Paranoia, to the tune of The Eagles’ “Hotel California”. I was inspired by Paul Simon’s “Boy in the Bubble” to write once again of my frustration that Bush and Cheney were getting away with shredding the Constitution in Bush in a Bubble. (It was always one of my favorite songs, and I enjoyed the challenge of using one of Paul Simon’s songs. I only hope my efforts were worthy.) I also wanted to tackle the challenge of using Bruce Springsteen’s “Blinded By The Light”, because it seemed the perfect place to write a aprody called, naturally enough, Blinded By The Right. When Bush finally hit the 1000-hours-to-go point in his term (as of this writing, it is down to forty hours to go), a lot of people were starting to jump ship and go seek out their future jobs. This inspired me to use Harry Nilsson’s “Everybody’s Talkin” to write Everybody’s Walkin. (Even of you don’t care about the parody, it’s worth it to visit it just to hear the song again.) Finally, I had one last thought about Bush as he sat there watching President Obama get sworn in, and I used “Too Much Time On My Hands” by Styx, in, what else, “Too Much Crime On My Hands.

 

That’s how I’ll remember Bush, through the parodies I wrote trying to get him removed from office. If they at least brought a smile to your face, then the effort would not have been wasted. Thank you very much, and I hope you enjoyed the show.

 

 

Pelosi wants investigation of Bush officials | Video Cafe
But there was no way in hell that 17 GOP senators would vote to convict 
Bush or Cheney, even if Bushand Cheney were caught red-handed. What we're talking about now is NOT impeachment. It's an investigation for crimes, felonies, ...
Crooks & Liars Video Podcast - http://crooksandliars.com/

 

As Dick Cheney Prepares to Depart, His Mystery Lingers
TIME - 6 hours ago
By Michael Duffy/Washington Monday, Jan. 19, 2009 A few weeks ago, outgoing White House Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten gathered nearly a dozen former chiefs 
...

 

How Bad Has Bush Been? How Deep is the Ocean? How High is the Sky?
OpEdNews, PA - 7 hours ago
by Dr. Dennis Loo Page 1 of 4 page(s) We are finally coming to the end of the long international nightmare of George W (Whatever I Can Get Away With) Bush 
...

 

Transplant this Bush back to Texas
Beaver County Times, PA - Jan 17, 2009
We’ve bid adieu to a few useless locally elected leaders in the last few years and/or months, but today we say farewell to the Grand Champions of Failure, 
...

 

Humor by Argus Hamilton
Tucson Citizen, AZ - 6 hours ago
President Bush gave a farewell speech to the country Thursday. He gave himself a lot of credit for keeping America safe for the past seven years. 
...

 

Nikki's Place: 2009 - Henrik
By Nikki 
My personal huge regret: ... is that it looks like no one is going to hold 
Bush responsible for his crimes. What an incredibly awful message to send to… well… anyone and everyone. Ten Reasons to ImpeachGeorge Bush and Dick Cheney ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fair Use Notice: This blog may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.